Header Ads

How to develop an enterpreuner mindset

Entrepreneur Mindset

After the third attempt and failure at starting a business I said, “That’s it. I’m never doing this again! This is clearly for other people.”

I hated it.

But I tried again.

I HAD ZERO BUSINESS SENSE.

All I knew about business was this: if you do work for someone, you get paid, and then you pay bills.

That’s the entire knowledge I had about running a business. It was very incomplete. But it worked.

In what follows, I am mostly focused on my first business.

How come? Because like most people who start their first business, I had almost zero knowledge of what an entrepreneur was.

I had to figure it out while it happened, I had to survive, and then I had to cash out.

After that first time, you know a lot more. So it gets easier.

I also assume: you need to be profitable.

99% of businesses don’t live off of “VC welfare” (i.e. they don’t have investors who will subsidize their many failures) .

So I had to start a business that was profitable right away.

Which meant I had to provide a service that people paid for. In my case: a business that made websites for the many companies that did not have one in the mid-90s.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.